Thursday, January 20, 2011

wingin' it

I have had wing chairs on my mind for a week now after searching the internet and catalogs for the perfect one for a client.

Wing chairs have got to be one of my favorite upholstery items. They can be used everywhere, they make a cozy reading spot in a living room and a luxe addition to any dining room as host chairs.




Wing chairs can vary in style from traditional to modern and some with a little of both thrown in. Here are some of my favorites I have come across--

I love this one from Restoration Hardware with the natural linen upholstery and nailhead trim. It brings the wing chair to a more natural, rustic state.



 This one designed by Celerie Kemble is all glamour with the tufting and velvet upholstery.

A blend of traditional and modern, this wing chair could be at home in either setting.


 Vincente Wolf's wing chair design is unique in the exagerrated curves in the "wings".


I would gladly take any of these in my home!

10 comments:

Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

I love a good wing chair... they never go out of style! My mom had a pair of blue velvet wing chairs when I was growing up that now reside in my sisters abode... I'm jealous!

I love the modern take on the wing chair with the partially exposed arms... what a find!

abodelove.blogspot.com

MMills said...

I love the new format....

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I'll take the tufted one please!

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Every time I go in Restoration Hardware, I pay a visit to that chair. I LOVE it! The color makes it really versatile, too in terms of color. You could add a snazzy pillow and a nice throw to jazz it up. The nailhead trim, too.

savorhome.blogspot.com

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I'll two of those by Vincente Wolf!

Kendra said...

I love the lines of the RH chair, it is so dramatic that it doesn't need any print fabric! I cannot wait to be able to have wingback chairs in my own home.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I've been searching for a pair on craigslist! I love a good wingback. Especially with a funky fabric;-)

Lex said...

Beautiful picks, I am in love with the tufted velvet one. Tufting always looks so elegant!

designchic said...

Wing chairs are timeless...have two in my living room that I adore. Great inspiration!!

SHERRY HART said...

You can always use one...they are so comfortable...and easy to update!

Post a Comment