Wednesday, January 26, 2011

designer crush :: summer thornton

I am in absolute designer love with Summer Thornton! Her style is the perfect mix of classic and current thrown in at all the right moments.  She calls Chicago home and has completed projects all over the Chicago area as well as around the country.  Summer studied art and business in college which gave her the perfect foundation for her thriving firm.


A velvet tufted headboard takes on a whole new life when it's in a peacock blue color and sitting against a fabulous metallic damask wallpaper...

Classic Louis XIV chairs upholstered in an updated zebra-like print...

I love the antique brass nightstands, totally beats your typical ho-hum wood nightstands, huh?


1/2/3
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always in love with her designs...the girl can do no wrong! But the bed, I mean really??? Fabulous

Lissa Pierce said...

I love her stuff too! She layers so well and every space always looks so well put together. I have so many of her images in my inspiration file.

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

She is definitely one to watch! Love the name too :) I just read your last post too and you will have amazing selections I'm sure! How exciting!! XO, Kelly

Leah said...

Oh yes she is one of my favorites! She is so talented!

Luvs!

Erin said...

I have a crush on your blog. :) You have an award on my blog waiting for you.

Rashon Carraway said...

Summer is certainly amazing. All of her rooms are filled with classic and timeless pieces.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Post a Comment