Tuesday, January 11, 2011

design done right

I am starting a new series on the blog called 'design done right'.  I will take a picture of a space and call out where the designer got it right and what makes it great.


I found the perfect image to start this series while perusing the latest edition of Lonny.  I usually lean toward a more traditional or transitional room but something about this space stood out to me.  It is the home of West Elm's manager of color and concept, Angel Dormer.  Her home is filled with color, eclectic finds, and great artwork. This is a perfect example of modern eclectic design done right!


5 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I'm going to love this series, it is always interesting to see an image of a room broken down into its elements and hear why it works. A lot to learn from reading this, and great room btw, love the lamp!
Janell

Emily A. Clark said...

Fun series! I have yet to look at the new Lonny yet--maybe today???

Tammy@InStitches said...

That is a fun rug, I have a thing for bold rugs !

Unknown said...

I am with you, Jade! There is so much design done wrong out there, I'm always happy to see DDR! XX!

Jenny Lynn said...

The color is really great. It is a well designed room.

Post a Comment