Monday, November 8, 2010

a little experiment

First, I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful anniversary wishes!!

I am going to do a little experiment this week. I was inspired by Capella Kincheloe of  A Curated Lifestyle.  Last week, she vowed to stay away from social media to see the impact it had on her personal and professional life. We all know how it can consume you and between blogging, Twitter, and Facebook, I feel like I am always on my computer or on my phone. So, this week, I am going to take a break! No blog posts, no tweeting, no Facebook checking... I will still check email...c'mon, I can't stay away from the computer entirely!!!

So, I am signing off and I will be back next week to let you know how the little experiment went!!

11 comments:

Emily A. Clark said...

Good for you! I'm kind of thinking I would like to do a similar experiment. . . for my sanity. But, it will have to wait :)

Hope you have a great, relaxing week!

Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

Good Luck! I will be missing your posts!

abodelove.blogspot.com

Marcie said...

I really can't wait to see how this goes! I may do the same depending on what you think.

xo M

Unknown said...

You will love it, I think. I did this a while back. Got off of facebook and never looked back! Good for you. You will be missed, however.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Missed your anniversary post...happy belated anniversary! You two are adorable. And social media, yes. Interestingly after meeting you in NYC I started tweeting more, until I realized the amount of time it was taking and how I was focusing less on work! I'll be curious about your "findings"...have a great break!
Janell

designchic said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes...good luck!!

Karena said...

Happy Anniversary I have been so ....I don't know what!! Come back soon!!

Come read a great interview, then enter my latest giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Good for you Jade! Hope that you are energized and recharged when you return. I try to give the computer a break at certain times of the day so that I can pay attention to my boy, but I often find myself peeking!

Capella Kincheloe Interior Design said...

Last week was great! My social media free week was great and a post will be up soon!

charm home said...

Have fun during your break! I'm finally back to blogging again and you decide to take a break. :o) See you back soon. xo, c-

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

What a great concept, although a little frightening to see how much time you spend on social media!! :) Hazel
Hazel Loves Design

Post a Comment