Thursday, November 4, 2010

family friendly design

This has been my focus for the past few weeks while I prepare for my first design seminar.  A wonderful event planning company, Divine Events, that caters to all the hip moms of Tampa invited me to do a series called "Divine Decorating...With Kids in Mind."  It will be at one of my favorite places in town, Marketplace Interiors, this Friday.  I can't wait to share all my tips with the lovely mothers that are attending!  With my thought process on kid-friendly design, the series, Good Design with Kids in Mind, from Kirsten at 6th Street Design School couldn't have come at a better time. I am armed with even more tips from all the bloggers too.

Here's a snapshot of the inspiration board I created for the event. I wanted to show a sample of child-friendly fabrics and how you can use pattern, color, and texture to create a stylish home that could take a beating from even the most active of children!



So, what is your #1 family friendly design tip?

6 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What a great seminar...this is really a hot topic right now! Have fun and I hope you share your tips in a post...
Janell

Rachel Harvey said...

I'm LOVING the orange fabric! Where did it come from? I'd like to have some pillow covers made in that fabric!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I love the inspiration tip! My tip would be a patterned rug - hides so many little spills and stains! Good luck - I know you will be a star!

Unknown said...

This is great, Jade, so much cool stuff is happening for you, it's awesome! I don't have kids but we have cats, so I could probably use some similar techniques! XX!

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

The orange fabric is from Brunschwig & Fils...a to the trade resource. If you would like more info on it, shoot me an email!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Beautiful Jade! Love the fabric you chose! My #1 family friendly design tip is to use indoor outdoor fabrics. Also, make sure the paint you use on the walls can stand up to scrubbing!

Post a Comment