Tuesday, August 31, 2010

sweet stylish south

I am so excited to talk about one of my favorite topics in the world...the South! I am proud to say I am from the South and I indulge in all things Southern.  I must say the South is a hot place right now in terms of design.  There are magazines devoted to the region, the iconic Southern Living, the new Southern Flourish, and Garden and Gun, to name my favorites.  Most of my design crushes, as well as many of my favorite design bloggers, hail from the South, especially Atlanta, which holds a near and dear place in my heart..

One of my design idols, Suzanne Kasler, set up shop in Atlanta...




A new introduction but a fast favorite, Caldwell Flake, is based in Birmingham...





Of course, you can't beat the beauty of a home below the Mason-Dixon line...




I know I could go on and on and end up with a month devoted to posts about the South!! Hmmm....not a bad idea, I might just have a Southern September :)

6 comments:

Erika Ward said...

Southern September would be a great idea!! Thanks for the introduction to Caldwell Flake. I had never heard of them or Southern Flourish. As a fellow GRITS (Girls Raised in the South), I too take pride in all of the talent the South has to offer. I may be biased, but Southerns just have a way of investing in their homes and creating welcoming spaces for guest like no other region. Great post!

Nikki said...

I, too, am a GRITS - now living in Ohio:( Love this post as you opened my eyes to Caldwell Flake and Southern Flourish... Thanks for the info! I don't think you are biased - all things Southern really shine! ;) Southern September is a fab idea!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Yes, Atlanta seems to be the place right now! Time for a visit...Janell

Leah said...

I am all for a southern September!!! I adore that all black room with the white! So striking! These houses remind me of gone with the wind! Ah so amazing!

Luvs!

Mary said...

I like the idea!! Looking forward to reading and seeing more about the South (something I know very little about, being from California!!)

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

love it! Sometimes I think of myself as an honorary Southerner....not from there but love everything about the south!

Post a Comment