Monday, July 12, 2010

dining room update #1

In my effort to "refresh" my dining room, I enlisted the help of my mom who was down visiting in reupholstering my four dining chairs. I upholstered over the original fabric that came with the chair.  I used a natural colored linen/cotton fabric...it wasn't a bold choice but I wanted everything to remain neutral so if I decide to change the rug, I won't have to change the chairs (and the fabric was free since I had a ton of it left over from a job).  I went on a search for something for on top of my table but I got totally sidetracked in Home Goods! Ended up buying all new stuff for my daughter's bathroom!!  I have a few fabric choices for the runner I want to make...stay tuned tomorrow to help me choose!!

Old chair fabric

New fabric

The reupholstering process...thanks Mom!

The finished product

2 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

These are the best projects. So easy to do and makes a big impact. Looking forward to seeing more of your dining room (and bathroom,too!)

Unknown said...

They came out great! I need to do that with our dining room chairs, searching for some material now! Thanks for the inspiration! XO!

Post a Comment