Tuesday, September 7, 2010

southern living

Southern Living Magazine is a great guide to the Southern region and culture.  It has been around since 1966 and is one of my favorite magazines to get in the mail.  It is full of places to go in the South, decor tips, recipes, region specific gardening tips, and I love their idea houses! 

The 2010 Georgia Idea House:




The Louisiana Idea House:




This month is an especially good issue to pick up if you pointers on how to live the Southern lifestyle.  It covers everything from how to set the perfect Southern table to key design elements in a Southern home to how to write the most perfect, charming thank you note.

7 comments:

Micro Preemie Mom said...

Wish I had some extra money to redecorate! Your blogs always make me want to go shopping. One day you'll have to help me ;)

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love the built-in eating nook with all the gorgeous millwork, lantern and windows. Gorgeous! Janell

ASHLEY said...

I love the Louisiana house! and I too love that nook! So fun!

Cindy said...

I LOVE getting my Southern Living mag each month!! Such a great post! xo

designchic said...

As a Southerner, I too get excited for the new Southern Living. Don't you just love all of the Idea Houses-such inspiration!!

Unknown said...

The LA idea house is fabulous! That built-in is beautiful with the nailheads.
xo
amanda

Michelle said...

I don't get Southern Living anymore, but my folks always did when I was growing up. I think that magazine influenced my style so much more than I give it credit for!

Post a Comment