Thursday, September 30, 2010

southern flourish

To close out my "Southern September" series, I want to introduce everyone to 'Southern Flourish'.  It's an e-magazine I stumbled across a few months ago.  It highlights what they like to call the "New" South, showcasing all the amazing talent we have here in the South.


This season's issue was particularly neat because it featured a lot of bloggers, including the couple behind Young House Love




My favorite article in the magazine had to be the one that featured interior designer, Beth Keim, and her Charlotte, NC home.  Like so many designers, she spends so much time making everyone else's space beautiful and welcoming, she had little time to make her own home inspiring.  So, she took on the task of repurposing everything in her home and updating her home's look.  It's so incredible what you can do with a fresh coat of paint and furniture you already have! Also, as a way to keep her budget in check, she sold what she didn't use and took the money to purchase a few key elements in the room {like that gorgeous gray sofa!}.






via

So, if you haven't had the chance to read Southern Flourish, hurry up! You won't be disappointed!!

5 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

Thanks Jade! Looks like a good read.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love Beth Keim's approach to decorating her home, and what a result! I also just read on YHL that they are selling and moving on to another house to redo...oh, I just have to cover my ears!! That will be fun to watch. Have a great one. Janell

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lovely blog post! We'll add you our next "Thanks for the Love" post!!

Unknown said...

This is a great magazine! I recently discovered it too, so beautiful! XX!

Leah said...

Oh I am so excited to check it out! It looks amazing!
I have loved this series so much, thank you for giving me a better glimpse of such a stylish part of our country!
Luvs!

Post a Comment