Tuesday, March 8, 2011

house love

I am in love with the bold yet traditional feel of this house.  The owners are originally from New York but moved to Houston. They definitely put a big city feel to a traditionally Southern style.



A foyer covered in black lacquer wallcovering...very cool and unexpected!


 This living room says casual glamour to me...



Peacock blue is fast becoming one of my favorite colors...the designer covered the walls in this library in it and I am in love!






Perfect example of blending contemporary with traditional...an Andy Warhol print resting on a very traditional chest....



 The master bedroom is the most muted room in the home but still full of sophistication.

designer :: rob southern

4 comments:

Jen Campbell said...

Such a striking house! I love bold colors but only use them in accents. I am so scared to do it wrong, this house has got it sooo right! Thanks for sharing this.

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

I'm terrified of bold colors, but this house is really nice! I'm loving the gray living room... I hope your doing well with the new job!

SHERRY HART said...

Yes....I love the design in this house also...but I would be terrified to do it :)

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I love the casual elegance of the living room. And I love that they painted the back of the shelf nook a dark color. It really makes the white dishware stand out!

Post a Comment